Saturday, October 13, 2007

Beautiful German men

I think that seeing beautiful people anywhere you are in the world is a rare thing. I'm, of course, not talking about cute, pretty, or attractive people. There are plenty of those. I'm talking about the sort of beauty that makes you lose all your train of thought and gape with no regard for what you must look like. The kind of statuesque beauty that should be displayed in a museum rather than walking around with the rest of us mortals. However, on those rare occasions that I saw a person fitting this description in America, it was usually a woman, although there were occasional men. Here it has been exclusively men. I don't want to give anyone the impression that all the men here are Nordic gods. Germany certainly has its share of ogres. But when the right genes come together in a German male, it's pretty spectacular. Today Jake and I were riding the straßenbahn across town, and this guy, probably in his early 20s, gets on and sits next to us. And my husband, who has a flawless record as a strictly heterosexual male, leans over to me and whispers, "He is BEAUTIFUL." And he was. Tall, slender, shoulder-length wavy hair, a perfect angel face and pale blue eyes. It was all either of us could do to keep from staring at him. I told Jake he was probably a vampire. (Just finished "Eclipse"! w00t w00t!)



JEM

5 comments:

  1. I was just going to say... I BET HIS NAME IS EDWARD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I must have had mission eyes on in East Germany because I only remember one fairly attractive German man. The women were of course beautiful. Keep up the blogging. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, heh. I ALSO was just thinking about that rare, vampire-esque beauty that you almost never see here. (Just finished Eclipse too, again).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely know what you mean about that kind of beauty! I guess I need to read Eclipse... it's 'the talk of the town'!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are so lucky to see one in real life and sit next to him. I'm reading "new moon" right now!!

    ReplyDelete