Before you watch the above clip, I'm warning you, it's terrifying. And kind of long. But so worth your time.
This scene is a climactic moment in the 1980s sci-fi TV series "V". Jake saw it as a young child and has been harboring it in the deepest recesses of his consciousness for the last two and a half decades. Now that I'm pregnant, his repressed fears of humans birthing terrifying lizard alien babies has been rekindled. And not at all helped by our most recent trip to the doctor, which produced the following image of our baby (I've turned it so the horrifying face is at the top):

Current top look-alikes:


Discuss.
JEM
I think Jake is safe from lizard babies. He may not, however, be safe from Strongbad Junior. However, raising a miniature Strongbad may not be such a bad thing. Maybe proceeds from his website can offset the cost of diapers.
ReplyDeleteI just keep laughing, that is pretty freaking funny! You two will make a beautiful alien baby.J/k
ReplyDeleteit kind of reminds me of a praying mantis. in a totally non-threatening, cute cuddly baby sort of way. i guess.
ReplyDeleteClark was called Strongbad for the first 20 weeks of his young fetal life.
ReplyDeleteSo its a good way to start out.
Yeah again for you and your offspring!
That puppet action is priceless. So lifelike.
ReplyDeleteI loved that show. Why aren't they showing re-runs?
ReplyDeleteWe had fun w/ this one, Jaz. I remember this well. The details are fuzzy, but the experience was impactful. What a freaky show. We watched the video on your blog as a family and now have a fond memory to share. Thanks for the good times! WE love you.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your pregnancy! Can't wait to see what your little baby looks like:) Becoming parents is the best... I hope your pregnancy goes well!
ReplyDeleteThat really was terrifying and to be honest, I can see why Jake is a little freaked out--I'm not sure that I can ever be alone with your baby now for fear that it will turn into a ravenous lizard baby and eat me. sorry.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy mom had reoccurring nightmares about giving birth to a gremlin (like from the 1980s movie) when she was pregnant with my brother. Safe to say, it didn't happen. I'm jealous you're in Germany! Don't worry, you're not missing out on anything exciting back here in Utah...
ReplyDeleteMay 21, 2008 11:31 PM
well, I'm really mad. I couldn't get the clip to turn on for me. How do I do that? I am crying hilariously here though at the blog and all the comments. Yes, V was very scary. I hope your child is not affected or infected in any way, even though the photo may seem a foreshadowing. Maybe Jake should give you a blessing. mom
ReplyDelete