Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm from Europe



It's funny because it's true.



JEM

3 comments:

  1. I never realized how much the USA mattered in the daily lives of people who live outside of the USA, until I lived in England. It was really surprising to me that Europeans cared so much what was happening in America, and all Europeans have an idea (and they all have the same idea) about how Americans really are! and its not very flattering. I actually argued with a few people about how Americans really live and about how our government is really run and about how watching CNN does not give you a grasp of how Americans ARE! I remember turning to my husband after watching the news on BBC 1 (more than half the stories were about things that were going on in the USA) and telling him that the news in the US never focused so much on things that were happening in one other country, even in the International news segment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and a post on my blog was pretty much dedicated to you, I don't know if you saw it or not. http://littletrucks.blogspot.com/2008/06/about-2-years-ago.html

    ReplyDelete