Last October our ward had a party to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the completion of Dresden's beautiful LDS church building, which also serves as a stake center. Interesting fact: The Iron Curtain was still standing when it was built. Our church was only the second LDS church building constructed in East Germany. Anyway, I was asked to play two "American folk songs" at the party, which had a sort of international theme. So, please enjoy this video of an 8-months pregnant JEM playing a couple of old country songs.
You'll notice a fascinating cultural phenomenon at the end of the video. Rather than whoop and whistle the way Americans do when enjoying a musical performance, Germans are a chronic clap-in-time-to-the-music people. It's like an epidemic. If you don't believe me, watch the runway segments of the season 2 finale of Germany's Next Topmodel at the beginning and end of this video:
JEM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are very talented. I wish I could sing and play the guitar like you do. Hope you're all doing well. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are still amazing! I showed this video to my friend Ginger, and she agrees. :) Your introduction in German was especially impressive.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you were a GORGEOUS pregnant woman.
Proving once again that a pregnant woman can still rock out...
ReplyDeleteWell done Jaz.
You know your good if Germans will clap in time for you-also, I'm a little embarrased to admit that I watched the entire 10 min segment from Germany's next top model.
ReplyDeleteOh Mann..! Ich weiß, dass die Deutschen gern zur Musik klatschen, aber es ist immer wieder absolut peinlich! Zum Glück denken in "unserer" Generation immer mehr Leute so, damit das hoffentlich auch mal aufhört... Wenn es wenigstens off beat wäre!
ReplyDeleteAber du hast wirklich schön gesungen und gespielt!
Livia
Jazzy you are one beautiful woman with SO MUCH TALENT, it's hardly fair to the rest of us!! Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Jasmine! I love your singing. It's so fun to hear you. And I love the self-portrait below and the comments about Jethro's blessing. What a beautiful baby and wonderful parents! I'm so glad it could be in English for you. Wonderful.
ReplyDeleteJasmine! You are awesome. You are such a talented person. And I love posts on German quirks. Keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteJasmine, you look AMAZING! Love the curly hair! I was so impressed with your voice, being you were so prego. I always felt winded that far along...harder for me to sing w/ baby in ribs. Anyway, thanks for sharing. That was fun to watch. You have a beautiful voice and great stage presence.
ReplyDeleteJaz, Loved your vocal solo. Keep up the talent. You're much better looking than the bikini models. I'd choose you.
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented & again flashbacks of the Ukraine. They did the clapping thing too. It was very strange to get used to for me.
ReplyDelete