Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Month in the Life

Blogging has become increasingly difficult.



I'm only able to touch the keyboard of our computer when Jethro's sleeping, but that time has been rapidly devoured since my discovery that every season of "The X-Files" is now available to view instantly on Netflix (which we are able to view despite our overseas location thanks to my dear husband's magical computer finagling). Oh yeah, and my novel. You didn't forget about my awesome novel that I'm writing did you? Because I did a couple of times. And also the fact that I've been reading "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck for almost two years. I started it while getting a blood test toward the end of my pregnancy, and now that said fetus is learning to talk, I've decided that it's time to finish. (Incidentally, I love the book. I'm just a really slow reader.)

You haven't missed a lot.

I got a Vulcan haircut that I felt made me look alternately like a sleek time traveler from the future and like a resident of a mental institution who got a hold of a pair of children's scissors. For better or worse it grew out faster than it took for the girl at the salon to cut it.


I visited a windmill that was really cute and old.

Jake went to Norway for work, making it the kajillionth awesome place he's gotten to see without me.

Meanwhile, I located this chalk-graffiti in my neighborhood that I DID NOT DO. But it would appear that a doppleganger lives among us. A doppleganger who's still working on those pesky J's.

Then Jethro got really sick.

The poor little guy was a shell of himself for about four days, with puking and fever and diarrhea. Scared me to death. He's fine now, thank goodness. And I can put behind me one of my great fears: Being barfed upon. As with everything, when it's your own kid, love trumps all other emotions, including gag-reflex-inducing disgust and horror.

And then both back tires of the Kinderwagen blew out. Oje. And when you don't have a car, the Kinderwagen is your car, so that made life a little frustrating. We were able to limp by with our cheap little umbrella stroller, but those things don't handle the cobblestone so well. I was worried Jethro's teeth would get rattled right out of his skull. But the Wagen's back online. More or less.

And then I took some pictures for you of hilariously named German breakfast cereals.


(And yes, Germany has a lot of chocolate cereal.)

And we went on lots of walks.

And dealt with a few of these:

And I think that's about it.

But that's about to change because this Saturday I'm going Leipzig for the world's largest Goth festival.

The bus tickets have been purchased and my fingernails have been painted black, so hang onto your corsets, kids, 'cuz I'm goin' in!



JEM

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh. I can hardly wait for that post.

    And. I hear you about not getting anything done. My children's book is still in phase one. I'm still working on the Christmas present for Jethro from 2 years ago. And my knitting is collecting dust in the closet.

    That being said, I have a really adorable 9 month old that is currently ripping colored pencils out of the box and all over the floor. (It's the only way I get internet time.)

    You win some, you lose some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pic of jethro with his hair swept to the side while sitting in the stroller, makes him look like a little nazi in the making haha. he has some hitler hair going on.

    spencer

    ps i had no idea he had chompers now!? dang!

    ReplyDelete