Monday, October 8, 2007

Pro 1: Carbs













I love carbs. They're pretty much all I eat. And, fortunately for me, Germans love carbs, too. You can find a bakery every 10 feet with delicious breads and pastries (my favorite is the streuselschnecke, the streusel snail). These pics are from the autumn bread market here early last month. My little guy was called an Ofenmäuschen, or little oven mouse. His ears were a little wonky, but that's OK. I ate them off.


3 comments:

  1. So many things to be jealous of:

    1) An abundance of bakeries
    2) You get to wear a scarf because it's not 90 degrees everyday still
    3) You know just how to use the word "wonky"

    Eat some mice for me, Jem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love carbs! I just don't know how I feel about eating a "mouse"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...how much would it cost to send one of those mice here??? Praise the carb gods! I couldn't live without my potato rolls and homemade pretzels.

    ReplyDelete