I found out maybe an hour before anyone went live. There was this slow-building buzz in the newsroom.
By the time the TV stations were running it, people were filing in the newsroom. Most of the work had already been done. I guess you're always prepared for this to happen.
It was a strange feeling for me. I don't really go to church anymore, but I really liked Hinckley.
I walked down to Temple Square. For awhile, there was just one old man. He was standing by the flag pole, reading some verses in the stone.
It took another hour or so, but a few dozen people filed in and sang hymns. The gathering was still pretty small when I left, but Mormons are a notoriously late people.
I'm from Idaho, but I live in Dresden, Germany. In a former life I was a journalist. I'm married to a mad scientist from Las Vegas named Jake, who is working on his Ph.D. here in computational biology. We have a baby boy named Jethro. We are Mormons fascinated by various things. This blog is about our lives, with particular emphasis on life in Germany through the eyes of an American. Enjoy your stay.
I found out maybe an hour before anyone went live. There was this slow-building buzz in the newsroom.
ReplyDeleteBy the time the TV stations were running it, people were filing in the newsroom. Most of the work had already been done. I guess you're always prepared for this to happen.
It was a strange feeling for me. I don't really go to church anymore, but I really liked Hinckley.
I walked down to Temple Square. For awhile, there was just one old man. He was standing by the flag pole, reading some verses in the stone.
It took another hour or so, but a few dozen people filed in and sang hymns. The gathering was still pretty small when I left, but Mormons are a notoriously late people.
I will miss him to. He was a good man. I loved to hear him speak. I really like that picture you have posted of him.
ReplyDeleteMelanie Erickson