In response to criticisms that I haven't been getting out enough, I would like to let all of you know that this morning I spent a good two hours wandering in the Altstadt, the gorgeous historic section of the city, taking photographs. My intention was to take my readers on a fascinating fieldtrip to memorialize the 63rd anniversary of the firebombing of Dresden, which will be tomorrow. I took 90 pictures.
And they all looked like garbage.
The sky was white/gray with absolutely no distinct lightsource and all the beauty of the sculptures and architecture was muddied up and muted. And there's no way I'm going to let that be your first impression of this amazing section of the city. So I guess you'll just have to wait until spring.
And in the meantime I don't want nobody sayin' I don't try to take 'em nowhere.
JEM
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment