Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rites of Spring

We have a net across our balcony to keep crows and pigeons from trashing it (and they want to, I can see it in those tiny shifty eyes). Anyway, two weeks ago I noticed this surefire sign of spring taking place on our vermin net:


Yes, that would be two bumble bees sharing an intimate moment. It gets no springier. I thought this certainly meant that Dresden's gray but snowless winter would soon conclude. But as of yesterday morning the vermin net looks like this:

And I'm all, "whatevs!!! : ( y cudnt u dun this @ xmas?!?!?"

On another note, I'd just like to let you know that tonight I will be attending something that will be turned around for AD readers as possibly the best FIELDTRIP! to date. Certainly the most cultured. So, don't touch that dial! Actually, it'll take at least a day for me to compile, so go ahead and touch it. But check back. It'll be great. Promise.



Love,
JEM

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I almost felt bad for you when I saw your snow picture. Then I remembered that yesterday at my house it was so cold that I almost got frostbite on my cheeks after being outside for ninety. Mind you, I was wearing snow boots, a down jacket, earmuffs and a hat with earflaps that ties under my chin. The only skin exposed was my nose and cheeks, and they were brutally attacked by the cold.

    I came inside, fell on the couch with my hands clutched to my cheeks, and moaned. I don't think my husband even looked up from his computer. Now, I have been known to be overdramatic, but it was COLD.

    So, good luck with your "coldness." Maybe you should get a hat with earflaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ninety SECONDS. Oops...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Jazzie and Jakers, I finished my inaugural blog post. I hereby solemnly dedicate it to you for leading by example and inspiring me to share my experiences of living in a foreign place. May you never be embarrassed to admit that you know me. :)

    Here is the link:

    http://steveandangiealston.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete