Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Schwangergate

Several hours ago, a comment was left on this blog by my sister-in-law suggesting that a particularly newsworthy, and as yet unreported, event had occurred. After much debate among the editorial board at American Dresdner over whether members were willing to risk the blog's reputation via a Watergate-level coverup, it was decided that a more prudent choice would be to own up to rumors and heresay in an effort to maintain this publication's flawless PR record.

With that, I hereby announce that I am, indeed, as reports have indicated, schwanger.


I will now field a few questions from the gathered press corps.



JEM

12 comments:

  1. Wahoooooooooo! Do to my astute reasoning skills, I was able to figure out what schwanger meant BEFORE I clicked on the translation link. I also love that the translation page includes such useful phrases as "in the family way" and "to gestate." I can feel myself getting prepared for my next trip to Germany...

    As if this blog wasn't crazy interesting already! I can't wait for the upcoming adventures: visits with a German speaking obstetrician, buying baby shirts with cute little German phrases on them... The fun will never end.

    Also, my compliments to the editorial board for choosing to demonstrate more sound values than the Nixon administration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when this post would show up... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for SCHWANGER!!! Congratulations! Let the government checks start rolling in!

    We are so excited for little Felix to join the Dresdners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! We'll be excited to hear all about the adventures of being "schwanger" in Germany!! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOhhh pregnant in a foreign country. Let me tell you, foreign health care can really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Without doubt, the home pregnancy test is the only time, as an adult, that you can pee all over something and still impress the hell out of all your friends.

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, right? I actually thought, as I was posting this, "I peed on this thing, and everyone who sees it will know that I peed on it, and yet the general reaction will most likely be one of joy." One of many weird revelations I have been experiencing. Right up there with the knowledge that there is a person growing in my abdomen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww you are gonna be just the cutest Prego ever! That is not to be confused with an Eggo, i do not picture you as a waffle. ;-) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! A little Jake. At least it's not a clone so it can have a 50% chance of normalcy.

    Congrats, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. jaz we are so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! We are having a little one too. Our due date is December 10th! I want a mutterpass too! I will talk my husband into moving to Germany too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to clear the air--it was NOT me that spilled the beans on this cover up! Someone logged in as me posted the comment in question. I have an eye witness testimony that confirms this fact and would be happy to produce a copy of their testimony upon request. However, due to the sensitive nature of the defendant, their identity will remain anonymous. I apologize on behalf of the defendant for any emotional distress that may have been caused by this pre-mature and unsolicited revelation.

    ReplyDelete