1. German chocolate cake. Not German.
2. Gummy bears. German.
3. Adolf Hitler. Not German.4. The Scorpions. German.
5. Albert Einstein. German.
6. German pancakes. Trick question. Based on a German dish but reinterpreted by Americans, such that it no longer resembles the German dish at all.7. Mannheim Steamroller. Not German.
8. Almost every fairy tale you've ever heard. German.
9. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Not German.10. La Bouche. Another trick question. One-quarter German, three-quarters American, but established in Germany.
11. T-Mobile. German.
BONUS: David Hasselhoff. Not German. (Although I'm sure they'd grant him citizenship if he asked.)
Wow. Even the Scorpions!?
ReplyDeleteShout out to all things German!!! I would especially like to thank the Germans for gummy bears, Albert Einstein, and fairy tales.
ReplyDeleteThe only one I'm proud tha's truly (almost) German is the little peanut I'm waiting for.
ReplyDeleteWow!!!! I just heard about your blog from Aaron Jentzsch and I'm totally excited about it. I'm also an American Mormon living in Germany (Leipzig, your nearby neighbor). I hope you don't mind if I continue reading. I've got two blogs: michelleglauser.blogspot.com and germanyfromanamericanperspective.blogspot.com. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea Albert Einstein had such great legs!
ReplyDeleteWhat a bummer about the pancakes--we make those at least twice a month. My kids love them! And FREAK out about David H.! YIKES!!! Why are pics like that allowed on the web?! How are you feeling? Are you getting super excited? How's Jake doing? How long will you guys stay in Germany after the baby is born?
ReplyDeleteEinstein was a genius with awful taste in shoes. I mean, he may as well be wearing Crocs.
ReplyDelete