Most of the people in my life were fairly obvious, but I struggled narrowing Jake down. I watched him and analyzed him, but I couldn't figure him out. Finally I just asked him. And he wouldn't tell me. Over the six years of our marriage, I've occasionally come back to this and tried to work it out without much success. But about a month ago I asked him again and he finally came clean with me.
Turns out Jake's love language (and I can't believe I wasn't able to figure this one out) is binary.
So, Jake, on the occasion of your 28th birthday, this one's for you:
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01101110 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101101 01100101 00101110 00100000 01101001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01101101 01110101 01100011 01101000 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110101 01100100 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01111001 00100000 01100010 01101001 01110010 01110100 01101000 01100100 01100001 01111001 00101100 00100000 01100010 01110101 01100100 00101110
Love,
JEM
I was just trying to explain the love languages to a friend yesterday, and I could only remember two, or maybe it's three: time and space, and gifts. Binary. That's a good one.
ReplyDelete01001000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01111001 00100000 01000010 01101001 01110010 01110100 01101000 01100100 01100001 01111001 00100000 01001010 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100001 00100000 00100000 01010111 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100001
ReplyDeleteYeah for Jake!!! Yeah for his amazing wife that understands him!
ReplyDeleteJakey, happy birhday!!!! I wish I could be there with you right now to squeeze you and sing you our traditional herald. PS, Jaz, I have been trying to figure out the same thing with Jon--men are harder to figure out than they say...
ReplyDeleteTell Jake Happy Birthday. Its my Birthday today also but I am the BIG 30. ahhhh
ReplyDeleteOur husbands must be related!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Jake! I wish I knew how to tell you in your own language. Here's my best shot: 0110111 101001 1001001 01011111 0110100.
ReplyDeleteDid I just swear?
That's funny. Have you seen Flight of the Conchords? They sing a song with a binary solo at the end. You've got to watch it or listen to it, its great.
ReplyDeleteWhat a goof! Glad you're one step closer to figuring him out. Sometimes I think I have Dave all figured out and then the next week, he's a complete mystery again. I guess it keeps life exciting. Hope you had a fun celebration. We love you, Goinky!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so funny. Happy birthday, Jake!
ReplyDeletedear 1ja0ke, 1 l00ve y0u1 and y01r s10art w10fe. A01nd 01f c0r10use t0he l1tt0le p01nu11t. m01m.
ReplyDelete@mom: best. comment. ever!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jake! What a funny post :)
ReplyDeleteI actually really like that book too - but I guess I missed that chapter in the book...
Love you Jake. Hope you had a great birthday.
ReplyDelete