Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Still Alive

Thanks so much for all the well wishes! Jake brought all your comments to me while I was still being held captive in the strangely Internet-less hospital and they really brightened my day. I just wanted to let everyone know that Jethro and I are home safe and sound. We got home Thursday night, and I can't even express how good it feels to be back on familiar turf. My body's patching itself up nicely, Jethro's developed a ravenous appetite and is filling out that baggy skin, and Jake's been taking care of us both with angelic patience. We're all a little bit zombified, but we're having a blast. Jake and I are thoroughly enjoying getting acquainted with this new inductee into the human race.

I've been working on a lengthy post about the birth for a few days now, but what with Jethro's newfound bottomless pit hunger and my own exhaustion, it's taking longer than I'd banked on. At any rate, it's in the hopper. I just wanted to stick my head in and say hi and thanks and assure you that this blog is, indeed, still happening. I'm just a little distracted by these big, bright eyes at the moment.


Holding Jethro from jake michaelson on Vimeo.

JEM

4 comments:

  1. I cannot get over how gorgeous Jethro is! It is no wonder you are distracted!!!! I am glad you made it home. I can't wait to read the birthing play=by=play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jas,

    Your baby is beautiful! I am glad you survived and good luck! If you have a screamer (which I did) then I would recommend Happiest Baby on the Block video/book. It saved our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jaz! I almost thought I was looking at Bradley's baby video. I swear, there's some resemblance there. I'll email you a photo so you can see for yourself. Anyway, he's precious. I'm glad you're feeling well & enjoying motherhood. Glad to hear Jake is taking good care of you, too. Wish I could be there to snuggle Jethro. Well, it was great seeing you guys today. Sorry we were a little disorganized. I should have communicated better, but I'm glad Jake called when he did. I wouldn't have wanted to keep you up any later than we did. We love you. I'm homesick for you. BTW, this is Amy if it doesn't show up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving from the USA. We are thankful this year for the newest addition to our extended family, Jethro.

    ReplyDelete