Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grosser Garten

Last November Jethro and I took our last bike ride through Grosser Garten before the snow came.  I think for the rest of my life as I'm falling asleep I will go back to that day, with the crisp autumn air and leaves crunching under Vicky's tires and Jethro happily chirping in his seat behind me as we rode over the quiet, empty trails and golden leaves drifted to the ground all around us. It was one of the most perfect moments I can remember. 
There are so many places in Dresden that I will miss that I couldn't begin to count them, but at the very top of the list would be this park. I hope that when I die I find that Heaven has a park just like this one.



JEM

2 comments:

  1. Jaz, I love this post. What a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of some of the parks I loved taking Bradley while in Chicago. I know what you mean how a certain place will always be like heaven and you'll be able to take yourself back in an instant. All your "lasts" and farewell parties bring a tear to my eye. I'm sure you will be missed and you will be missing all your dear friends who were family to you while there. So bitter sweet that you are here now, huh? We're so happy to have you close now!!!

    ReplyDelete