our last Silvester
Today is our last full day in Dresden. Tomorrow we'll turn over our keys and drive to Frankfurt, and on Thursday we'll fly back to America. I've cried so much the last few days that I think I've literally run out of tears. Strangely, I think the last time I cried so much was when we first got here, and fear and loneliness and homesickness put me in a rough place for a few weeks. If only I could've known then how much my heart would break when the time came to leave. Here are just a few of the "lasts" from our final week in Dresden.Our last walk around the neighborhood
Our last party with Jake's group
Our last brush with German bureaucracy
One last sneaky photo of wild German hair
Our last stroll down Prager Straße
Our last walk through the Altstadt
Our last walk home from church
Our last snow
Jethro's last visit to the train station (his favorite place in the world)
Our last bus ride
Our last tram ride
And finally, our last farewells to friends
Zu unseren Freunde hier in Dresden, ich möchte euch danken. Danke für eure Freundschaft und Geduld. Danke für alles, was ihr für uns gemacht habt. Wir werden euch ganz stark vermissen, und wir werden oft an euch denken. Gott segne euch.JEM




How memorable your time in Germany has been. I'll admit that I am really excited to see your family again. Sorry for the pain that change always brings. Travel safely and hold your memories and friends from this time in your life close to your heart.
ReplyDeleteLove you.