Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Stink source ascertained: Not manflesh

In a startling turn of events, we have discovered why our entire neighborhood is drenched in stink as often as several times a day. At first I thought it was the bio-waste bins, but it was too sporadic. Then I thought it was neighbors cooking stinky food with the windows open, but then I discovered the stink encompassed blocks — way too big to come from one apartment. Then I suspected the small, tidy factory right behind our apartment building. But what could it be? Their cafeteria waste? The bodies of workers killed on the job left to rot in the sun?

No. Turns out it's a soup factory. We met some people who used to live in this area who clued us in. They said it got to the point they could tell what soup they were making that day.

As long as it's not Soylent Green, I'm cool.


JEM

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you left no option untouched. . . and right in the title, too!

    How is German coming? We keep seeing cheap tickets-- I hope we'll be able to find some next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, if "manflesh" was even on the list of probablities I'm pretty sure I won't want to eat the soup!

    ReplyDelete