Friday, December 7, 2007

The View from the Top

I just realized that I haven't formally introduced all of you to the most fabulous aspect of living on the sixth floor of a Plattenbau: the View. And thanks to some rather tumultuous skies of late, I've been able to land a couple of pictures that I think come close to doing it justice.

First, this is our rear view. This is what we can see from our living room and kitchen. You will notice the infamous soup factory in the foreground and the lovely gigantic-chimney-slash-cell-phone-tower. Usually this view is pretty unpleasant. But in the right light, it seems to take on a cool feel. I like the bird on the top edge who managed to get in on the action.


But here, my friends, is the crown jewel. This is the view from our massive bedroom windows. You will notice THE ENTIRE CITY OF DRESDEN. When we looked at this place for the first time, it smelled like asparagus (in retrospect, that probably was related somehow to the soup factory), was coated with dust, and had all the charm of storage unit. And then we looked out the window. And we took it immediately. We have not regretted the decision.


Not bad, eh?



JEM

P.S. I've got our next FIELDTRIP! on the stove. We'll be going to Dresden's world-famous Christmas market, the Striezelmarkt. And a good time WILL be had by all or I will happily refund your money.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for the next field trip to the Christmas market. Just want you to know that I'm a loyal reader!

    ReplyDelete