Thursday, January 10, 2008
Bless This Mess
It's been exactly six months since we landed in Dresden! In honor of the blessed occasion, I am treating you to a grand tour of our apartment as it looked the day we moved in last July and as it looked this afternoon (after I did the dishes and picked up our crap). WARNING: Due to jiggly camera work, watching this video may cause motion sickness, lightheadedness, and nausea. In rare cases it has been known to cause impotence and death.
Obviously, the place still needs some things. A kitchen counter, for example. And maybe at least one thing on a wall. But considering where we started, I think we've done OK. Praise be to IKEA! I don't know what we would've done without cheap Swedish innovation. Because Germans, for all their efficiency and engineering prowess, have sick, sick taste in interior design. We'll talk more about this in the future. To whet your appetite, I'll just say that they have a real penchant for the color peach.
Happy anniversary, Dresden! Thanks for not killing us!
Hugs and kisses,
JEM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope that video didn't cause me any impotence.
ReplyDeleteI think it looks really good. I also say God bless IKEA, and I would like to add that their Eurpoean furniture looks lovely in a Eurpoean apartment.
I thoroughly enjoyed the tour (and am also happy to report that despite some nausea, I'm not dead). It really looks great!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great! How in the world did you get your bed home? On the tram?
ReplyDeleteI'd like a video of that, please.
I love makeovers! I am amazed how homey you made your "concrete apartment" (isn't that what your hubby called it?) I think I would have sat down and cried if I arrived at an apartment with no stove or even counters! You are so brave! I am so glad that you are making the most of your adventure. I sure love your stories- it gives me a glimps into a life without children and that is well needed once in a while!
ReplyDelete