Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Jethro Val Michaelson


Since Jaz is still in the hospital, she has condescended to allow me to announce the birth of our son on her blog. When she's released from the hospital in a few days, she'll undoubtedly fill you in on all the details.



Jethro Val Michaelson was born yesterday - 40 weeks exactly. At birth he weighed 3,370 grams and was 52 centimeters long. Here's a link to an online unit converter for our friends on the imperial system.










Mother and baby are healthy and happy and will be home later this week.

28 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!! He is adorable and Jaz you look great- are you sure you just had a baby?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to both of you! May your lives be even more interesting from here on out. Take care you three. We are thinking of you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Oh, his hair looks wonderful and Jaz looks really great for having had a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Jasmine Congrats! He is adorable (as are you of course) and I love his name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, he is a beautiful baby. We really could not be happier for the three of you. Way to go Jaz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaz! You're amazing. I'd like to say you look great even if you didn't just have a baby. Did that make sense? Seriously, you look like a million bucks. That motherly glow I guess. Jethro couldn't be cuter. I am loving him already. The kids want to know what we should be calling him for short... we are the poster family for shortened names...(we're voting for Jet) or shall we just call him Jethro in all his glory? He is simply beautiful. We are so happy for you. We're sending our love from Philly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @laura: it's hard to tell what will stick at this point. Jet is certainly a possibility. We also thought good 'ol "Joe" is an appropriate shortening of Jethro. Hard to plan things like nicknames, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! It's true, Jaz, you look fabulous as usual. Jethro is so cute and I'm excited to read more about him so update us all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. woo hoo! congrats! how do you look so good after? i looked like the amazing blimp-girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is so beautiful. He doesn't even look scrunched up and wrinkly, like a normal newborn. He is alert and . . . beautiful. Jake's eyes.

    So, Jethro is my brother's name and the nickname that he gets stuck with the most often is Jiffo. Probably named by a toddler with a speech impediment. Also, J-ro, Jeth, Reuel (ha ha), and jiffy-pop. Mostly Jethro goes by Jethro though. I hope yours does too, its a great name.

    Congratulations and I'm excited to hear Jaz's version of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I can't wait to hear Jaz's version of the event. Is it true you did it all natural? All 3 of you look great and we are only disappointed we can't hug and squeeze him until....when? Clara says if she sees him she'll say, "Oh, you're so cute" (in her high-pitched, gentle baby voice). Audrey suggests maybe giving him more of an "American name." When asked where she thinks Jethro came from, she answered, "Germany?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! He is beautiful. And I'm not really sure that I believe Jaz had him...why do the rest of us always look exhausted in these types of photos?

    ReplyDelete
  13. most beautiful baby i have ever seen in my life! and you are just too beautifull too Jasmine!!!...(and jake too...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jan: those are the best nicknames yet! I love Jiffo. I'm glad we can count on someone with personal experience for guidance on potential nicknames.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah for babies! Little Jethro is a cutie. I love his name. It makes me smile. And not to sound like a broken record, but really Jaz? You really aren't supposed to look all skinny and non-puffy like that. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Jan: also, we will exercise restraint, because I also think as a rule Jethro should be called Jethro.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! He is beautiful, I can't wait to hear your story!

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is perfect! Perfect, perfect, PERFECT!!!! I LOVE his name. I used up all of the bandwith in the Tahnaoute, Morocco cyber cafe to watch the videos. I think you should start an all Jethro all the time channel...

    BTW, if I had a son named Jethro I would probably call him J=rod.

    P.S. Excuse the equal sign, I'm using a French keyboard, and I don't know where the hyphen is...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good grief! I just wrote a long comment and I didn't have a URL (what is that) to post it. I usually just do it somehow without that. You are all beautiful, but especially my little peanut, Jethro. I'm just calling him my little peanut, well or I like Jiffo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Michaelsons! What a darling baby.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Jaz and Jake! I can't believe no one's mentioned it, but that little boy has some serious long fingers - does that mean he'll be a musician? He's very cute. you'll have to give us all the info on German hospitals. I hear you get a nurse helper or something for the next little while. Spoiled. Congratulations from the Ducketts in Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Jaz! What an adorable little guy! I love alert little babies, that's how Jude was! Jude and Jethro should probably start a band at some point for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats! He is a handsome little guy. I am glad that you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats Jasmine! He is so cute. And I love Jethro. Great name. I thought for sure it would be Hank ;).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jaz. Jake. Jethro. Congrats! He is so cute! Jaz you look like a rock star... but not the ones that don't sleep and are doped up, but the really amazing ones that are beautiful ALL the time even after giving birth. he is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations, Jaz and Jake. He is a handsome little guy. And I love the name Jethro.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! Your baby is adorable and Jaz- you look great. I'm glad I linked over from Skippers blog. It's fun to catch up with you. Take Care!!
    Kristy Nilsson Walker

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yowza! I didn't realize that I would be THE last peson of about 5 million to respond. Actually, when I first saw the post, I wanted to comment but that button was missing from my screen-computers are so weird-jaz you look o.k. and jethro is not too bad either....J/K I love you all and think you are gorgeous! You give Heidi Klum a run for her money. ps, I'm waiting for all the gory details on the delivery

    ReplyDelete