Sunday, September 23, 2007

Cheese!

Code name: Street Dog; Known accomplice: Curly McGee

So, we had to get our "pass" pictures taken. These are the photos that go on our ausländer (foreigner) documents that the feds keep on us. The fact alone that government will be keeping a picture of me made me feel a little bit like an international spy, but the funniest part about the procedure is the many, many rules dealing with these photos. They are very strict about the background, the lighting, the size of the face in the picture, and details like wearing hats or anything else that could potentially obscure your identity, I suppose. The strangest rule? You can't smile. Well, you can have a vaguely pleasant expression, but you can't show teeth or wrinkle your face up too much. Which is why we look like communists.

Oh, and I dyed my hair. I'm guessing this is roughly my natural color. I've always been sort of morally opposed to my natural dishwater blond, or as they call it here, "street dog blond," but it's growing on me. Get it? It's GROWING ON ME? Omigosh. I kill me.

7 comments:

  1. I like your Commy-pictures! It makes me wish I were important enough for the government to watch me...I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, we just got our passport pictues taken (we are going to cancun in Nov) & I thought that was "specific"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are pretty good for "not smiling" photos. you look pleasant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm becoming somewhat of a blog stalker but that's because we are just now joining in on the fun (reallytherileys.blogspot.com). Looks like you guys are doing great. Allison and I are little jealous. Salt Lake is great and all but we are itching for an adventure.
    I'll look forward to staying up to date on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of my gosh! I am so excited to find you! You have been on my mind for weeks! How fun to be in Germany- you even look gorgeous in your passport picture! Look us up at http://azbiggs.blogspot.com/ We are busy with two kiddos now. It is SO fun to see your face, even if it is over the web!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jaz just looking at pics of you puts a smile on my face. . . even if they are passport pics! I hope all is going well. I love that we have made so many connections blogging! What a great way to stay in touch!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaz, I love the color of your hair! It looks great on you. It has been a week or 2 since I last checked in. People ask me what I do every day too... I have similar feelings about what to tell them, Diapers, dishes, cook meals, drive and pick up from school, walk outside so my 1 year old doesn't get hit by a car, give bathes, yell at kids to "behave"- "be nice to your brother"- "clean up" - etc...I could go on but is it really that interesting? Love you!

    ReplyDelete