The nurse today had to take "many" blood from me. And afterward nobody even offered me a sucker for being such a trooper. It's times like that I hate being an adult. So I came home and polished off half a carton of lemon sorbet in my underwear.
And remembered that being an adult does have its advantages.
JEM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree. Taking "many" blood from any human being is an ordeal- child or adult. I'm glad you took it upon yourself to secure your own reward for being a trooper.
ReplyDeleteOnce when I was little, I had blood taken from me and the nurse told me it would be a "piece of cake." Well, I was really good and I waited all day for that piece of cake. At least you could get yourself a treat.
ReplyDeleteOut here they're called lollypops. I was shunned for using the word "sucker" {sigh}
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT! Jaz, you are the best writer... I have a vivid picture in mind now. I too love being an adult for those times when you just want to do whatever you want- no one telling you what to do or when to do it.
ReplyDelete