I'd be lying if I said that I haven't privately experienced a couple of panicky moments in regard to my situation: that of embarking into the completely uncharted waters of pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood thousands of miles from my family, culture and native language. But something I've learned here is that, of the many blessings that being a member of the LDS Church has brought me, one is a knowledge that almost anywhere I go in this world, I will have a family in the nearest LDS congregation. The Dresden Ward has been that for us. They have befriended us, given us opportunities to serve and contribute, and just looked out for us when there wasn't really anyone else to do so. This baby shower was only the most recent in a string of acts of kindness these good people have undertaken to help two anxious foreigners feel a little more at home. And to help one young, expectant mother feel a little more at ease with her current state of affairs.
If any members of the ward happen to be reading this, thank you. You don't know what all this means to us.
JEM
So sweet!!! It made me laugh that German baby shower games are remarkably similar to American baby shower games... Although, I've never seen the baby-bottle-full-of-kool-aid thing. I bet you had a sore embouchure...
ReplyDeletepeople come out of the woodwork in strange ways when you have kids.
ReplyDeleteI completely know what you mean. We were in South Carolina when we had Spencer, with no way of seeing any family or friends. Our ward did the same thing for me. It has completely changed my views on R.S., visiting teacher, and our church. Wow, that was the most serious comment I've ever made.
ReplyDeleteHappy baby shower. I wish I could have been there! And yay for friends at church!
ReplyDeleteI thought those girls were so sweet and genuine. I felt real good knowing I was leaving you there in their hands after we left. I'm happy you have such a great ward.
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute, Jaz! I can't wait to come visit you guys in Germany(whenever that may be)!
ReplyDeleteLove ya'!
You look so cute, Jaz! I can't wait to come visit you guys in Germany(whenever that may be)!
ReplyDeleteLove ya'!
Jasmine, you look so beautiful! You need to be a prego model--your little belly shot is so cute below! And what a fun shower! The church is wonderful--RS especially. I'm so glad to hear that they are taking care of you.
ReplyDeleteOh Jaz, I'm so glad you have such adorable friends. I love them for taking such good care of you.
ReplyDelete