Sunday, September 21, 2008

American Ferengi

An actual e-mail I received yesterday from my bro-in-law, Adam:

"I was reading Missy's blog and posted a comment. While doing so, I realized that Jake's picture reminds me of Todd Nichols and Jasmine's reminds me of Quark."

Just for reference, Todd Nichols was a bearded, semi-heavyset but for the most part inoffensive-looking guitarist for Toad the Wet Sprocket. Quark, on the other hand, is a repulsive, obnoxious, double-crossing, sexual harassment-prone, aroused-by-ear-rubbing Ferengi from "Star Trek".

I think I can safely say I've been more flattered. Though the resemblance, I must admit, is startling. Especially considering I've never openly discussed my ear fetish.



JEM

2 comments:

  1. Your extended family rocks! The coolness level must just explode when you guys all get together. :)

    I am happy to report that Steve's family would all recognize Quark's picture and be well-versed in the details of his ear fetish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am BUSTING up... that is too funny. Adam, Adam, Adam.

    ReplyDelete