Monday, August 4, 2008

Dr. Glamrock

If there was any news last weekend that was more brain-splatteringly awesome than this, I certainly didn't hear about it.


Apparently Brian May, guitarist and founding member of '70s glamrock giants Queen, just published his DOCTORAL THESIS IN ASTROPHYSICS. He actually received his doctorate last August and shortly thereafter accepted the appointment of chancellor for Liverpool John Moores University.


You may now take a moment to scrape up your face, which no doubt just melted onto the floor as a result of learning this news.

Dr. May, this one's for you:

5 comments:

  1. You've no idea how much you and the ever so amazing Queen have brightened my day! Thanks kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhh - I guess these are the times I wish I had never seen Queen Live. That suit is pretty amazing. Maybe there is something to say about drugs. Do you think it would help me finish my degree (whatever it may be).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, pretty much my jaw dropped so fast and furious that I think I dislocated it. I may be reduced to eating mashed potatoes and pureed foods for the next few days, but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Hold the phone, Michaelson Family. Are you saying that you have seen Queen live? The awesomeness just won't stop today!

    ReplyDelete